Being spiritual can improve your quality of life immensely- with or without a set of formal religious beliefs. Spirituality is different for everyone. For some the experience of being outdoors is spiritual, while others report a spiritual experience in serving fellow beings. To me being spiritual means desire to connect to something bigger than yourself. It means having an awe and respect for the grand universe that we live in. Regardless of your brand of spirituality it can improve your life and has definite tangible benefits.
A few of the benefits of having a spiritual practice are:
- It provides mental clarity.
- Spirituality provides meaning and purpose.
- Having a purpose in the world helps you to feel less alone.
- Spirituality helps us to ride out the storms of our emotional cycles.
- Spirituality has been linked with decreased neuroticism in several research studies.
- It can help you connect with other people. The sharing of spiritual expression can help build relationships.
- Better overall health. According to the Mayo Clinic has been linked to reduced instances of hypertension, less stress, and superior ability to handle stressful situations.
"Spirituality exists wherever we struggle with the issue of how our lives fit into the greater cosmic scheme of things." ~ Robert C. Fuller
Zen Presence - Ideas for Meaningful Living
Spirituality, Health, Meditation, Stress