Hope is wonderful. Having hope for a better tomorrow can help get us through a rainy day, but there is a bad type of hope - wishing. Hoping to win the lottery is not going to pay the bills. Merely hoping for your life to change is a waste of time.
Instead of hoping for a better job, for more money, or for a more fulfilling life - why not work towards your goals? Don't know where to start? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. Clarify your intentions.Figure out what you hope to accomplish. Give yourself a clear mental picture of what you want to achieve. No one else can do this for you, but identifying your heroes is a good place to start. Who are people that you admire and look up to? What do they do that makes you respect and admire them?
2. Mentorship.Find a personal mentor. If you know someone that is living the way that you would like to live then ask them for suggestions. Watch them closely to learn how they live. What are their routines? Who do they interact with? How do they interact with others?
3. Create a working plan.The internet provides a wealth of information. There is really no excuse for being uninformed any longer. You can learn about any subject that you would like - often free of charge. After you've decided what you want to do and have an idea of how to get started then GET STARTED. Even baby steps will be progress and doors will begin to appear that you've never noticed before.
4. Keep a positive outlook.The thoughts that you think create your emotions and actions. Your actions set into motion a series of events that determine a particular outcome. Don't be overwhelmed by the enormity of your goals. Focus on taking one step at a time and enjoy the journey.
5. Don't be afraid to fail.If you fail that doesn't mean that you are a failure. Failure is an event - not a person - and often happens along the way to success. Very few ventures are successful without a change in plans or strategy along the way. Set aside one day a week to review your progress. If you need to make changes then make them and continue your journey to a new life.
The Power of Intention
If You Want to Master Life
Zen Presence - Ideas for Meaningful Living
Hope, Self Improvement