1. Your life is impermanent.Self explanatory. No matter what your spiritual beliefs, this life has limits. Cherish every moment.
2. Life has whatever meaning you give it.So many people, myself included, waste so many years searching for a pre-packaged purpose to be placed at their feet. Save yourself some time. Create a purpose from your values and beliefs. Creating a list of principles, values, and beliefs is a good place to start.
3. You can ( and do) make a difference.Everything you do ( or don't do ) makes a difference. No man is an island. All of your choices affect everyone else in your life in one manner or another. Are you adding value?
4. Almost any mistake can be corrected.Learn from your mistakes but don't dwell. Don't live in the past. Correct your mistakes and move on. When necessary, ask forgiveness.
5. You are not alone.You are never alone. Distance yourself from the negative people in your life and connect with the positive people. Sometimes just surrounding yourself with positive people can make all of the difference.
Other popular articles:
10 Goals worth sharing
12 Reasons I'm a Minimalist
Being Happy With Less
Zen Presence - minimalism, simplicity, self improvement, simple living, Zen in modern life.